Avid Bioservices, a dedicated biologics contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), announced today that it has partnered with the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), California’s stem cell agency, to provide contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) services for cell and gene therapy (CGT) programs funded by CIRM.
Through this partnership, Avid will make its CGMP clinical and commercial manufacturing capabilities for cell and gene therapies available to CIRM grant recipients at preferred provider pricing. The partnership aims to help CIRM grant recipients overcome the challenge of manufacturing their novel cell and gene therapies so they can advance their treatments to clinical trials and commercialization.
Avid offers a comprehensive array of CGMP services across the CGT development continuum, from process and assay development to clinical trial manufacturing to commercial-scale production. Its expertise includes viral vectors, plasmid DNA, microbiome products, cell banking, cell processing, and CGMP cryopreservation.
The company recently completed an expansion of its Myford facility that doubled its manufacturing capacity, making it one of the largest dedicated CGMP CGT facilities in the United States. This capacity expansion enables Avid to support clinical programs from early phase 1/2 through commercialization as well as shorten timelines by 2-3 months for CGT projects entering the clinic.
- Nicholas Green, President and CEO of Avid Bioservices: “We are proud to partner with CIRM in support of their mission to accelerate stem cell treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.”
- Maria T. Millan, M.D., President and CEO of CIRM: “Manufacturing remains an obstacle for many in the regenerative medicine field. Partnerships with world-class CDMOs like Avid will help CIRM grant recipients overcome the manufacturing bottleneck and accelerate treatments to patients.”
- Avid Bioservices partners with California’s stem cell agency, CIRM, to provide CDMO services for cell and gene therapies at preferred pricing
- Partnership aims to help CIRM grant recipients overcome manufacturing hurdles to advance novel therapies
- Avid offers comprehensive CGMP services across CGT development continuum with recent capacity expansion
- Partnership supports CIRM’s mission to get stem cell treatments to patients faster